Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to the first blog by yours truly, Ron Root. I am an artist exploring the digital medium of 2D and 3D design for games, film, or comics.

I began with character design early in my career. I was drawing comics in the 6th grade with a friend from down the street. Typical, eh? Just a couple of bros making up characters for the comics we were about to create. I really enjoyed characters that had some sort of edgy mask at the time. When I was in the 6th grade it was the hockey mask of Jason from Friday the 13th. Or, from Eastman's Ninja Turtles story KC Jones. The rugged brawny badass that has been hell and is looking to get back in by means of armored assault with heavy weaponry. There needs to be more characters like this in stories and art today. I will start by bringing characters that I have found in history that could use some light, to some biographic character of some seriously sadistic SOB's that I have known and written about, to story-worthy art. I am new to this blogging thing but I want to explore some processes or creativity as we transverse the realm of Digital Painting for Character Design.

Thanks for reading, and stay creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment