Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Update: Enemystar- character pet

Ok, so for the last week or so I have been doing some writing on the story ENEMYSTAR and messing around with some ideas for secondary characters and other supporting roles within the story to help our poor main character 77. She will be alone for a while, trying to discover her purpose and her identity. Along the way she will rescue a furry little alien rodent. Or more like a Cat-Monkey I suppose. Anyway, this will be her little companion that helps her through some tough times. So I have been working on creating such a creature and I began doing some research on some cute animals and such. I remembered seeing some paintings by Chu, and he had just the appeal I was looking for in a cute supporting creature. I also looked at some Stitch references to help with the overall anatomy of the creature. So this is what I came up with. Its not quite a raccoon, or cat, or monkey, or lizard, but maybe a combo of all. Its a Raconkeyzard! Ok, maybe the name needs a little work. But I feel that this little guy has the right fit for our rough and tumble type character. Something to soften the darkness a bit.


 copyright of Ron Root 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what a cutie! :) May I suggest looking at lemurs for reference as well? They have a really similar, fun slinky shape to them.

    Glad to see you working away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thats awesome. I will check out Lemurs. Thanks Jo-L.

    ReplyDelete